Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I'm Back!!!

I'm back! I apologize for not updating sooner..I unfortunately had to put my blog on the back burner for a little while. I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago to get my leg checked out and the doctor told me that I probably had a bulging disc that was causing a pinched nerve in my left leg. I was put on steroids, muscle relaxers, and pain meds. NO FUN! I had to take a 2 week hiatus from the gym,which was quite a challenge for me! I took my meds, made myself rest and now I feel completely fine (honestly). I worked out last week (don't worry...I took it very easy) and I had no problems.

While I was forced to be inactive for a couple of weeks it dawned on me just how much I take for granted. When I was in line at the pharmacy to pick up my meds I was griping to my husband about not being able to workout when I saw a lady in front of me in a wheelchair. I caught myself in that moment and it really helped me put things into perspective. Even though I had to take a break from the hobby I love the most, I knew it was only temporary.  I am so blessed to have my health and I never want to take it for granted. I will continue to make healthy choices day in and day out and take care of the body God gave me. I challenge you to do that same. There are people out there that would give anything to be able to run or go to the gym and lift weights, but they physically aren't capable. Think about that next time you want to skip the gym...

Yours in Health,
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment